CloudSocial servers are all hosted in the cloud by Amazon Web Services (AWS). The AWS infrastructure puts strong safeguards in place to help protect customer privacy.
- All data is stored in highly secure AWS data centres.
- AWS ensures that all data is encrypted in transit with TLS across all services.
Protecting Your Data
- Data is backed up daily and in some cases, more frequently than that.
- All access to the CloudSocial website is restricted to HTTPS encrypted connections.
- All data retrieval (and posting) to connected social accounts is done via HTTPS and using a unique, per user, access token (which you can revoke at any time).
- We never store credit card or payment details in our database. This is strictly stored and managed by FastSpring to ensure maximum security. FastSpring is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available.
- User passwords are encrypted. Passwords are never stored in plain text. Even our engineering team have no way to know what the password is.
Access to infrastructure and other aspects of the CloudSocial environment, as well as customer data, is strictly limited to those within our team that absolutely need it.
- Only our Engineering team has access to our production environment. SSH keys are required for console access to servers in all of our environments.
- Whilst we will often use aggregated snapshots of customer data to help us understand and identify performance, financial and business insights, we will only access individual customer records if it is necessary to do so in order to carry out a customer support request or a significant systems issue.
How to Report a Security Incident
To report an incident of suspected abuse, misuse, or a security issue you have discovered you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
immediately. For incidents that affect a single account, please reach out to us via our usual support channels.
- CloudSocial support team will acknowledge your report, usually within 1 business day.
- A point of contact will be assigned. This person will be responsible for keeping track of the issue, as well as keeping you updated. Please note that this person may need to liaise with you to better understand the reported issue and the circumstances around it.
- We will investigate the issue and determine the impact.
- In most cases, for security reasons it is likely that we will be unable to disclose details of the issue until our investigation has been completed.
- Once the issue has been resolved, we will post an update along with thanks and credit for the discovery.