Social Media Sentiment Analysis: How to Measure and Use
Social media sentiment analysis, also known as sentiment analysis is a kind of social media listening along with analyzing the sentiments. Social media experts can judge the sentiments (positive, neutral, and negative) of audiences with this method.
How to Do Social Media Sentiment Analysis?
As the shared sentiment analysis is related to social media listening. Social listening means keeping eyes on each:
- Brand mentions
Sentiment analysis is the next step of social media listening. One needs to extract the sentiment of users for different comments or posts. This can be done in two ways as explained below:
1. Manual Social Media Sentiment Analysis:
- With or without using a tool, one needs to monitor all comments or posts mentioning a brand or targeted keywords or products.
- Social media experts need to manually review each mention and comment to examine if it is negative, neutral, or positive.
- Based on the examination, social media expert needs to make an average of each type of social media sentiment for a brand.
2. Automated Social Media Sentiment Analysis
The whole process of social media listening and sentiment analysis can be automated using social media management tools. Let’s see how:
The social media management tools perform active social media listening You can do social listening for any or all of the following:
- Brand name
- Product name
- Service name
- Product type
- Competitor name
- Common industry hashtags
- Brand hashtags
The best social media management tools also show sentiment analysis and an overall score of sentiments.
Top Reasons to Invest Resources in Social Media Sentiment Analysis:
Whether you use one of the social media management tools or manually perform any of these tasks, you must invest resources in social media sentiment analysis. Here are the top benefits you can leverage from social media sentiment analysis along with social media listening along with tips to use this analysis in your favor:
- Knowing about the customer experience with your brand to measure the success or failure of your social media marketing and other marketing campaigns.
- Redefining the social media marketing strategy to increase the positive sentiment of followers and fans.
- Adding resources to increase positive social media sentiment score, which also indicates your success ratio.
- To know when your customers are more active, so you can plan your paid campaigns as well as organic social media marketing campaigns.
- Social media management tools also let you learn what is working excellently for your competitors if their positive social media sentiment score is higher. This will help in using it in your favor.
- Along with social media sentiment analysis, perform active social media listening to respond to comments and mentions proactively. This will help in increasing sales and improving customer loyalty. You can also reduce negative sentiments by addressing the negative mentions and comments instantly.
Read Next Blogs: Stepwise Guide to Build a Social Media Marketing Strategy